Tue, 6 January 2015
In this episode we review Brent's 2014 gaming goals:
1. Play 40 games 10 times
2. Play Twilight Imperium with Brian
3. Play Monopoly
4. Play More Games with my Kids
We then discuss the benefits of playing a game multiple times.
Then we dive into our 2015 gaming goals
1. Play Dominion at least 43 times.
2. Play Games at least 25 times with my kids.
3. Attend 3 game conventions/trade shows.
4. Make 12 videos - likely games played at least 10 times.
5. Play 10 games 10 times.
6. Significantly organize at least five games with better inserts and getting started sheets.
1. Play Starfarers of Catan at least once.
2. Play at least 40 games with my kids.
3. Play 10 new games with my family.
4. Play 10 games 10 times.
5. Play 20 new games this year.
6. Play 20 games within my collection that I haven't played for at least a year.
1. Play Hanabi and get a perfect score.
2. Find Accessible Games I can play with my blind daughter and my other kids.
3. Thrift 10 gems (games I want to add to my collection).
4. Travel 10 times this year to my friends house to play games.
Tue, 30 December 2014
At the request of a listener we play and review Shogun by Dirk Henn. This game is for 3-5 players and will take 2-3 hours to play. It is a game of conflict in order to determine who will gain the title of Shogun.
Tue, 23 December 2014
Space Alert by Vlaada Chavatl. Fun for 1-5 players, 12 and up, in about 30 minutes.
There is no ! in the title.
Tue, 16 December 2014
We discuss over twenty-five games as we review our Feeback and contest entries, then we randomly pick our two contest winners.
Games we discuss: Star Realms, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Dominion, Colt Express, Twilight Imperium, Agricola, Caverna and many more!
Tue, 9 December 2014
We used the wrong cable on our microphone so audio suffers a bit this episode. We apologize. The next episodes will not have this problem.
We talk about close to a dozen games that you should consider if you are planning to give a boardgame as a gift this season.
Here is the list in the order we present them:
Tue, 2 December 2014
This episode we talk about many dexterity games and launch a contest where you can win one of two copies of Toc Toc Woodman. Listen to the podcast for details!
Tue, 25 November 2014
This week we review Abyss, a 2-4 player game by Bruno Cathala and Charles Chevallier. Ages 14 and up, 45-60 minutes. The artwork, by Xavier Collette, is simply stunning. Highly recommended by two of the three reviewers.
Tue, 18 November 2014
This week we are speaking with 15 different gamers (and game company representatives) at the International Games Day held at Weber State University on 8 November 2014. We recorded the interviews amongst the gamers so there is a bit of background noise.
Tue, 11 November 2014
This week we discuss Expansions, both what we love and their darker sides. We explore Carcassonne expansions from our past as an example.
We then each list 7 boardgame expansions or sequels that we are anticipating.
Tue, 4 November 2014
Bring Out Yer Dead plays in 40 minutes for 2-5 players, ages 12 and up, the first game from Ginger Ale Games. We review the game and talk about the game industry with Max.
The Kickstarter runs through November 26, 2014 at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/808648996/bring-out-yer-dead
Direct download: MN_0024_Bring_Out_Yer_Dead_and_Game_Developer_Max_Holliday.mp3
Category:BoardGame -- posted at: 2:00am MDT