Fri, 27 February 2015
This week we are releasing a second episode, an interview with Chris Urinko of Daft Concepts, makers of board game accessories. We talk about kickstarter, their current project, Custom Miniatures and Tokens for your RPG and Tabletop Games.
Chris also talks about his experience with the Board Game Designer Guild of Utah and gives advice to new Board Game Designers. He codesigned the game, Hold Your Breath.
Kickstarter Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732415737/laser-etched-miniatures-for-table-top-games-and-rp
Twitter: @battlejack, @daftconcepts
Tue, 24 February 2015
During this month of love (February 2015) we turn our hearts to two-player games. We discuss
Nathan also laments his inability to keep up with Living Card Games and figure based games such as X-Wings.
We also discuss three games that at least one of us (Ryan) considers best with 2, even if they play more.
Tue, 17 February 2015
Kingsport Festival is steeped in art and lore from the Cthulhu Mythos. In the game you summon one or more of the Outer Gods or their minions in order to increase in Evil, Death or Destruction. The game is similar to Kingsburg but offers unique play.
The game is for 2-5 players in about 60-75 minutes. Ages 13 and up.
Tue, 10 February 2015
An interview with Michael Mindes of Tasty Minstrel Games.
Direct download: MN_0038_Interview_with_Michael_Mindes_of_Tasty_Minstrel_Games.mp3
Category:BoardGame -- posted at: 2:00am MDT
Tue, 3 February 2015
In this episode we discuss the Roll for the Galaxy game, for 2-5 players in 45 minutes or less.
Fun for all!
Tue, 27 January 2015
This week we hear a report from Brent on BryceCon 2015, gaming convention with family, and food. We briefly discuss Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Timeline, Dead Man's Draw, Coconuts and Roll for the Galaxy.
After this report Brent talks with Rob Hicks of Midnight Campaign. Then he interviews Gail and Gary Tanner, founders of BryceCon.
Tue, 20 January 2015
In this episode we have a bit of feedback, discuss Splendor again for a few minutes (they fixed the colorblind issue), and then dive into the six racing games we discuss this episode: Hare and Tortoise, Roborally, Fearsome Floors, Cartagena, Formula De, and Snow Tails.
Tue, 13 January 2015
This is a hot release from late 2014 where 2-5 players work together to complete a common goal and each player works on an individual goal. But is one of you a Betrayer?
Recommended by all three hosts.
Tue, 6 January 2015
In this episode we review Brent's 2014 gaming goals:
1. Play 40 games 10 times
2. Play Twilight Imperium with Brian
3. Play Monopoly
4. Play More Games with my Kids
We then discuss the benefits of playing a game multiple times.
Then we dive into our 2015 gaming goals
1. Play Dominion at least 43 times.
2. Play Games at least 25 times with my kids.
3. Attend 3 game conventions/trade shows.
4. Make 12 videos - likely games played at least 10 times.
5. Play 10 games 10 times.
6. Significantly organize at least five games with better inserts and getting started sheets.
1. Play Starfarers of Catan at least once.
2. Play at least 40 games with my kids.
3. Play 10 new games with my family.
4. Play 10 games 10 times.
5. Play 20 new games this year.
6. Play 20 games within my collection that I haven't played for at least a year.
1. Play Hanabi and get a perfect score.
2. Find Accessible Games I can play with my blind daughter and my other kids.
3. Thrift 10 gems (games I want to add to my collection).
4. Travel 10 times this year to my friends house to play games.
Tue, 30 December 2014
At the request of a listener we play and review Shogun by Dirk Henn. This game is for 3-5 players and will take 2-3 hours to play. It is a game of conflict in order to determine who will gain the title of Shogun.